We never imagine our favorite superheroes as old people. They are superheroes, they are not supposed to age, right? But age is a tricky business, you can’t run it. So while wondering what our favorite superheroes might look like when they don’t have a straight spine, we came across these amazing illustrations by Alex Sollis depicting what happens when imagination has a rendezvous with age.
Have a look!
1. Hey there, grumpy Pikachu!
2. Some men just like to watch the world burn. Old Batman is here to save it for you.
3. Black Widow has still got it
4. Darth Vader developed a pot belly with time
5. Land of Ooo is now protected by single-toothed Finn and Jake
6. Does aged Flash give better mileage?
7. He-Man and Skeletor are still fighting it out
8. That’s the thing, “I’m ALWAYS angry.” (Oh! So, he meant young or old)
9. I am assuming Jarvis must have developed some hearing problems by now
10. He still doesn’t look like a guy with a plan
11. Remember Link? Never mind. He doesn’t remember you either.
12. Old Mario: Running since our childhood
13. Is it just me or does Mega Man looks constipated to all of you?
14. Mikey is still the man!
15. You wouldn’t want to mess with this version of Mickey
16. Old, blackened, wrinkled…but what the heck…bananananaaaaa!
17. Smurfette: Daddy’s ‘old’ girl
18. Spiders don’t live long. So here’s Tarantula man to the rescue
19. Watch out! Old Stormtrooper can now miss it’s aim
21. Old and thrilled: Thor
22. Wonder woman with glasses for enhanced crime vision
Well, if they couldn’t hide their age, I guess there is no point in me trying either.