As we found when we started trolling the web for Halloween makeup, there are some seriously scary costumes out there. Like, scarier than watching the Exorcist when you’re only 9. For real. But, there are some scary Halloween costumes that give you the chills without giving you nausea, and we’ve rounded up 12 of them. And yes, there will be zombies.
1. Burton’s Doll: Creepy dolls are definitely creepy, and the lashes on this one definitely push us over the edge.
2. Dark Bride and Groom: We’ve gotta hand it to Christina for this one, she wears darkness beautifully.
3.A well done Hades costume from Disney’s Hercules. Even his smirk makes me think of James Woods.
4. Maleficent: You can never go wrong with a timeless villain. This take on Maleficent makeup is gorgeous, deadly, and definitely gives us chills.
5. Half Man Half Woman: Go for the Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde look by being two genders in one. The half tuxedo in this one is particularly impressive.
6. Vampire: Just because the Twilight saga is over doesn’t mean that vampires are out of style… yet.
7. Chucky: Did Chucky give you nightmares as a kid? This cute but deadly looking take on the most evil doll from the ’80s and ’90s is a good way to give your friends a scare.
8. One Bad Bride: Those eyes – so good and so scary at the same time. Love this sort of modern take on the bride of Frankenstein.
9. Zombie Hipster Prom King: Prom kings can be hipsters too, and zombies! The key here is clearly the man fanny pack.
10. Frankie Stein: Speaking of old Frankenstein, you don’t have to drive a metal bar through your head to channel your inner monster this Halloween. Green makeup, a stitch or two, and you’re good to go.
11. Serious Skeleton: Going for a skeleton? Let this beautiful pictorial serve as inspiration, and be sure to by lots and lots of white and black face paint.
12. Modern Cruella de Ville: And last, inspiration straight from Vogue. This Cruella de Ville is fierce as the dickens.
What are you dressing up as this year? Hope the ideas above can help you to get more inspirations!
More Halloween related blogs:
Top 10 Halloween Ideas for Your Kids
Top 8 Halloween Theme Sailor Moon Cosplay Photos
Top 20 Halloween Cosplay Ideas You Shall Not Pass!
Top 12 Creative Food for Halloween – You Can’t Miss!